10/14/12 - "Cinque Cygnets Sipping"




Cinque Cygnets Sipping

Fine Art Prints and Art Gifts


     When I hook-up a garden hose to my outboard motor to flush out the engine, after a boat ride in the salty waters of South Oyster Bay, I often get a swan or two stopping by to slake their thirst. On this day these five cygnets - progeny of EA98 and her mate - decided to take turns sipping some fresher water. Sally and I have been following the progress of these five all summer long, having first spotted them on April 28th. A couple of weeks ago I had the chance to watch them do a fly-by, on one of their initial flight tests. 

Here's how they looked when I first saw them:


EA98 and Progeny

And on a more current seasonal note: Earlier this morning I noticed that the Brant have returned - the first of our winged winter visitors
from the north.

For Cinque Cygnets Sipping:

Camera Data
Canon
Canon EOS 5D
1/256 second
F/10.0
58 mm
50
Aug 23, 2012, 10:24:06 AM
Adobe Photoshop CS Windows
29mm


For EA98 and Progeny:

Camera Data

Canon
Canon PowerShot SD1000
1/251 second
F/9.0
7 mm
80
Apr 28, 2012, 10:11:42 AM
Adobe Photoshop CS Windows
5mm



Followers

Total Pageviews

Tweet