11/15/12 - "Raising Hope"




Raising Hope


     I've lived in and on this house barge for nearly five years now; and for almost all of the last three years my now (as of December 18th, 2011) wife Sally has lived here with me. In all that time, while I'd bandied different potential names around in my head, i.e. Abode Afloat or Serenedipity, none ever stuck. It was Sally who recently came up with the name Hope - shortly after Super Storm Sandy hit us hard here in Seaford, NY and our floating home fortunately survived with relatively little damage. 

     Here's hoping that she and we may, in the not too distant future (and after some fairly extensive repairs to her hull), once again rest peacefully on the waters off the south shore of Long Island.

PS It didn't happen. On May 2nd of 2013, despite our best efforts, she was demolished.

Canon
Canon EOS 5D
1/99 second
F/5.6
50 mm
50
Nov 15, 2012, 12:40:30 PM
Adobe Photoshop 7.0
35mm

Followers

Total Pageviews

Tweet